"It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance." - Murray Rothbard
You guys need to do some serious studying of economic theory and history before you pledge your life to defending the State.
Check out these articles and then we can talk about economics and the ill-effects of deregulation:
- a teacher at St. Lawrence University has this to say to the Left on deregulation and free markets.
- an anarchist explains how corporations actually benefit from the very State that Lefties and conservatives defend.
- a professor at Loyola College in Maryland writes about deregulation myths here.
- an eminent economist debunks the Reagan myth of deregulation.
- another denouncement of Reaganomics and its supposed policies of deregulation.
- here, an economist from Sweden explains how government - and NOT deregulation, created the current economic crises.
- again, this time a teacher in Spain explains how the Federal Reserve banking cartel created the crises (I'll give you a hint, it was not because of deregulation).
- this article points out that regulation actually contributes (rather heavily) to the fraudulence so prevalent on Wall Street today.
The free market and deregulation did not cause this mess, government did. Failure to recognize this will ultimately make your lives and your family's lives that much harder.